Saturday, July 16, 2011

63 Days to live

by Steven Woods on Saturday, July 16, 2011
 
I’m terribly troubled by the media and our society.  Recently, we got this wonderful spectacle of this woman, Casey Anthony, who “allegedly” killed her little girl. We’ve got this fantastic look at the United States justice system at work. For weeks, we were able to peer behind the curtain. The result here, apparent outrage.  The verdict, NOT GUILTY.   
"What?  How could this happen?  INJUSTICE!!  They got it wrong!  They let her get away with murder!" (..Or did they?)

Of course, the death of a 2 year old girl is tragic.  More than tragic.  If she really was murdered, it’s an atrocity!  That said, the justice system worked here. Here’s how it is:
The DA has to prove every element of an offense, which they failed to do.  Period.
They relied on emotion, illusions and non-science.  They couldn’t even prove if it was murder, let alone who did it. I agree: Casey’s actions were questionable and downright hideous, but how many of you have ever gone through the trauma of losing a 2 year old daughter? 

There are 2 possible scenarios that would have lead to this verdict:  Either the state didn’t do their job, or they couldn’t do their job. A majority of Americans are disgruntled about this injustice. Do you want to know what the real injustice is?  Casey will make a huge profit off this, and in that, you’re complicit.
YOU are the one’s saying her name, letting her shine in the media.
YOU are helping her profit from the death of a child.

Don’t be mad at her…..be mad at yourselves.  Then if you don’t think it works, be mad at the system. Be mad at the media, who’ve sensationalized this whole ordeal! Do you know how many MILLIONS of dollars those scavengers have made off of this disaster?  And do you know who’s paying them? YOU are.

What deeply bothers me about this whole situation is how everyone can be so outraged, can spend all their energy screaming about how 'this system doesn’t work', but turns a blind eye when the STATE is doing it. The only way these people care is when you rub their noses in it, and even then, it’s just a another commercial. If you actually care about justice being brought forth, take initiative and DO something about it for a change.

My friend here is innocent- he can prove it with expert scientific evidence yet he has an execution date for August 18... because the courts don’t care.
I’m innocent- the real killer has confessed, but I have an execution date for September 13th..  because, again, the courts don’t care.
We don’t see you raising a fuss about any injustice here, and it's genuinely disturbing. (The few you who are actually helping, please disregard).

“Two thirds of Americans are outraged with Casey Anthony verdict". Yeah, nice. Where are the two thirds of Americans who are outraged that innocent people are going to be put to death?

You know what I think?  Had I been tried through the media, like OJ or Casey, or anyone who gets the coverage in the courtrooms, I wouldn’t have never ended up in here.  Because if there was a camera crew on the DA, he wouldn’t have been able to play the lies he played.  He would have had to play it straight.  And my own counsel?  I’m sure they would have about ten times more competent than they had been.
 I feel like I’m talking out of two sides of my mouth here: 'the system works; it doesn’t work. Media scavengers are evil; I could have used the attention.'
It all goes to prove that there is an undeniable amount arbitrariness in the way America handles legal cases- and it just isn't right.

[PLEASE REPOST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!]

www.facebook.com/savesteven

12 comments:

  1. It is a shame that what is happening to Steven Woods. How can our Judicial System turn a blind eye to what is happening? How can the system allow a true killer to confess and plea bargain his way to a life sentence and the man accused/sentenced still be waiting for execution on death row? There is something missing here...what has happened to the value of a human life? What does the word Innocent mean in True Justice? Is there any? Governor Perry have you heard this innocent mans cry for help and do you not value his life as an innocent? This kind of avoidance of duty in the face of truth in unbelievable... Steven Woods needs help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join us in Protest of TEXAS Gov. Perry~~AFA's Prayer/Hate Event http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177641222294542

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is Steven going to post another blog?
    I've read every post that has been posted and checking back frequently for his newest post. Very interesting stuff, cant wait to read his newest ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven is a very intelligent man. I enjoy reading about his thoughts and about his life on death row. He describes it so well, that you feel like ur actually There, experiencing the fear and helplessness He Feels. I love reading this blog, and wish he would post more often about death row, his thoughts & opinions on things more. Love reading this blog! I hope he gets a stay before Sept.
    God Bless,
    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kali and GREG! just added a new post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    Just waiting on Steven to post some new words of wisdom.. Im sure he feels really down right now considering his execution date is approaching. Sept. 13 if I remember correctly. I just want him to know to keep his head up & dont get down on himself. There's still time for him to get a stay, its not over.
    And if writing things & having someone post them for him makes him feel better, then go for it! Plus as for me and I assume others, we enjoy reading what he has to say about his situation. For me, death row is fascinating. How he has survived on DR for 9, nearly 10yrs w/o cracking up is amazing.
    Ok, well looking forward to hopefully reading news about what's going on in Steven's life, and what his state of mind is this 24th day of August.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg,
    Thank you so much for your kind words.. I think Steven is in freak out mode right now and cannot bring himself to do much writing. He is having terrible anxiety and night terrors. I think this is where the cracking up part comes in.... Steven will be filing a petition for a stay in early Sept.
    More updates avail. here: www.facebook.com/savesteven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I just wanted you to know that I am all the way in the UK and thinking of Steven. Please tell him we're sending him positive thoughts & love and wishing the best for him. He has to hang in there.
    Theres still time.
    E
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. is there any news on this? I've been reading up on this & there is a chance as Steven was convicted under law of parties. Please let him know there are people thinking of him and let us know any appeals etc he has coming up.
    With love x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly enough I just happened to stumble upon this yesterday. It's sad to see into some of the last days of a man who gave his seed to make me. After years of not really knowing, my mother confided in me that this was the man who gave part of himself to create me and be my biological father. Up until about a year ago I had grown up under the notion that my real father was a bad man. A killer. What would have changed had I known that an innocent man from which some of my features came from sat for ten years waiting to die. I know I'm late in finding this but I wanted to kind of put it out there that what the state did not only affected those close to him but it affected someone a thousand miles away who had to grow up under the notion that her biological father was a killer and that she too could be one day. I'm sure it seems unlikely that an illegitimate child would come forth after 5 years on a blog post to put this out but I just wanted to put out there another thing to think about. Thank you

    ReplyDelete