Tuesday, June 7, 2011

97 Days to Live

Man, this place is a trip.
They've got all these cameras on us.
One in each cell, two in the walkway in front of the cells, one in each rec yard.
They're always watching us and the watchers have nothing better to do than to mess with us; I just got in trouble for giving a man that will be dead in a few days a roll of toilet paper. I mean, I had an extra roll and I asked the guards to find him some because it's their job to make sure he had basic necessities. When they couldn't find him a roll, I sent him mine. All of a sudden, the guards came storming into my cell saying I was going to get a case for trafficking and trading. HUH??? I gave the man some fucking toilet paper. Some toilet paper that THE STATE gave me.
I didn't ask for anything in return, I didn't trade anything. What the fuck..?
My neighbor also got in trouble for giving another inmate a newspaper for him to read.. This is just illogical. I mean sure, if you see me passing an inmate something in a package, no problem, come inspect the package. If I'm passing contraband, by all means, it's legitimate to write me up.. but to threaten us with cases for sharing our books/magazings/newspapers/food with our neighbors?! These are all things the state is supposed to supply but failed to. There are so many officers here that don't go by policy. Why aren't THEY ever being hassled.
I'm just trying to live out the last of my days in peace. Here I am walking the path of least resistance and I'm not used to the level of passivity I'm displaying. I'm trying my best to let the trivialities slide off my back but they push and push and push...
How much is a man expected to take?

Anyway, thanks for hanging with me, keep your heads up.
Love & Revolution,
Steven Woods


Steven Woods #999427
Polunsky Unit
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, TX 77351
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment